Legacy Scholarships Fund
The legacy of the Kaiser Foundation School of Nursing (KFSN) continues through the Alumni Association’s Legacy Scholarship Fund. Each year the Alumni Association grants scholarships to eligible nursing students, as a tangible way to continue the legacy of KFSN. Every year we target a minimum of $10,000, to be awarded to the students. However, the actual amount given depends on the annual funds received.
We need your help in order to keep the legacy of KFSN relevant through our Scholarship Project. The majority of funds come from donations made by alumni and friends who wish to honor KFSN, and its contribution to Kaiser Permanente and the nursing profession.
Funds, also, come from the sale of maquettes, (miniatures of the Student Nurse sculpture we gifted to the Oakland Kaiser Hospital), proceeds from our recently published book, (Kaiser Foundation School of Nursing, A Legacy of Disruptive Innovation 1947-1976), and an annual wine tasting event. To date: August, 2020, we have awarded nearly $70,000 in Scholarships.
The KFSNAA’s fiscal sponsor is, Community Initiatives, a 501(c) (3) organization, based in Oakland, CA. Donations to the Legacy Scholarship Fund are fully tax deductible, as allowed by law.
You may donate by sending a check to Community Initiatives (down load the form) or by electronic payment through: https://nehp.wedid.it/
Contact: Marian Treter Feinstein ’63 Chair of the Legacy Scholarship Committee
2021 KFSNAA Scholarship Recipients
2020 KFSNAA Scholarship Recipients
1. Diana Rodriguez , BSN West Coast University Dallas, TX
2. Norma Webb, BSN WCU, Dallas, TX
3. Salma Russell, BSN WCU, North Hollywood, CA
4. Elizabeth Sepedian, RN, WCU, North Hollywood,CA
5. Yesenia Hernandez, RN, WCU, North Hollywood, CA
6. Yesenia Santiago, BSN, WCU, Anaheim, CA
7. Grace Kim, BSN, WCU, Anaheim, CA
8. Monica Shaw, MSN, University of San Francisco
9. Sardeep Pajetta, BSN, USF
10. Alicia Sherba, MSN, Samuel Merritt University
11. Kywaita Keys, MSN, Sonoma State University
12. Tina Tran, BSN, San Jose State University
13. Susana Garcia, BSN, SJS University
14. Thu Nguyen, BSN, Cal State East Bay
15. Shanna Jackson, DPN, California Baptist University, Riverside,CA